Welcome back to The Nights & Weekends Podcast, where we’re working hard to bootstrap real, viable businesses.
Craig gives an update on PodcastMotor. He still receiving a lot of really positive but non-committal feedback from potential customers for the core of the product offering. It’s just a matter of solving the right problem for the right group of customers, and PodcastMotor doesn’t yet compel customers to part with dollars.
In Ken’s update, he’s taken a couple days away from the business to focus on his family. Still, he’s pretty convinced he needs to leave the HIPAA Guide concept in the rearview mirror and get working on the next thing — whatever that might be.
Ken offers Craig a few interesting pivot options, including a smaller niche offering, podcast sponsor assistance, and an idea for a WordPress plugin.
Craig is left with a lot more to think about, and Ken is left with a shit-ton of work to do.
- Phillip Swindall, the Podcast Show Notes Guy
- Dropvox, the easiest way to make a recording on your phone and have it uploaded directly to your Dropbox account.
- Brian Dean at Backlinko.com
- Auphonic, automatic audio post production web service for podcasts, broadcasters, radio shows, movies, screencasts and more.
- Justin Jackson’s
ProductifyWordPress plugin, now named ProductPress. (Hey, Ken bought it, and is/was one of Justin’s featured testimonials)
- John Turner’s awesome Seedprod, The Ultimate Coming Soon and Maintenance Mode Wordpress Plugin
- Wordswag, a really great way to add text to your photos
Other People’s Podcasts (Are you down with OPP?)
- (KW) Bootstrapped with Kids Podcast, with Brecht Palumbo and Scott Yewell
- (CH) Stacking the Bricks Podcast, Real Entrepreneur Confessions with Amy Hoy & Alex Hillman
Audio Edited using Audacity®; free, open source, and cross-platform software for recording and editing sounds using Mac, PC, or Linux.